Albion in the Community (AITC) is committed to offering the unemployed as many opportunities as possible to improve their employability skills and increase their employment options. As a successful football club with an award winning community scheme we have an incredible platform to make a difference when it comes to local employment.
The iconic new American Express Community stadium provides us with an inspiring backdrop for our various educational initiatives and training courses that are designed to give people the best chance of finding a job. Most of our courses lead to nationally recognised qualifications, and all include a vocational or practical skills basis.
- To bring together organisations under the banner of Albion in the Community from the public, private and voluntary sectors to work together to help unemployed local people with appropriate training and short and long term work placements which are suited to their skills and aspirations.
- To help improve workforce skills and continual personal and professional development in small and medium sized organisations with the help of Albion in the Community’s partner, American Express and one of our founding partners in Want to Work; BrightonandHovejobs.com.
How can Companies get involved in Want to Work?
- Be part of the something special with the AITC “Want to Work” and deliver unique opportunities to participants to gain essential work skills or actual employment.
- Cut down on advertising and recruitment by filling positions through the ground breaking AITC “Want to Work” programme.
- See first-hand whether a participant has the skills, application and character to work for your organisation.
- Help start or further develop your internal staff continual professional development and training schemes.
- Form part of a community of pioneering businesses that are working with their local football club with backing from American Express and BrightonandHoveJobs.com to help improve peoples’ lives.
- Choose to sign up to the project via a choice of three AITC Community Associate Packages with varying costs and benefits to suit organisations of different sizes.
Want To Work’s Successes
In the past 5 months, 60 local companies have signed up, 21 beneficiaries have been placed into work experience placements, 10 work training master classes have been delivered and 5 beneficiaries have graduated through the programme and now have jobs.
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of young people?
If you are a business that wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people and would like to find out how you can be involved, please contact Barry McLaughlin.