Located only a few minutes away from the Sussex County Cricket Ground, Crafty Chooks is a brand new opening to the vibrant restaurant and pub scene in 2014 and brings you a Bar & Rotisserie that specialises in local free range chicken and a selection of great craft beers.
Described as a neighbourhood bar and causal dining venue, this brand new addition to Hove replaces the previous home of the Tin Drum – and brings you everyday staples such as the humble chicken, along with the growing trend for specialist and craft beers.
So if you’re thinking a few drinks at the weekend, a business lunch or a place to watch the world go by, here you will find a relaxed and welcoming environment and a unique offering to Hove.
Craft Beers in Hove
Their Craft Beer selection has been carefully chosen to offer quality and variety and they’ve kept a couple of well know favourites on for the less adventurous customer. A mixture of beers from the UK and overseas, providing a good choice for a few drinks with friends – or why not match the drinks to one of their delicious dishes?
Rotisserie cooked chicken is the juiciest and most flavoursome chicken around. The menu reflects a passion for amazing tasting Free Range Chicken (supplied by Sussex butchers) and is complemented by some of the usual pub classics and a diverse mixture of other dishes – a little something for everyone.
Also, if it’s a decent cup of coffee you’re after then Crafty Chooks ticks another box. Whether it’s for inside to enjoy their comfortable surroundings or basking in the sunshine on the front terrace on a summers day; the Crafty Chooks offers a light and airy dining space which will make you feel home from home.
Here are a few of their sample starter and main course dishes. Here are a few of their sample starter and main course dishes.
Starter Menu Examples at the Crafty Chook
- Spicy bbq chicken wings with blue cheese dressing.
- Deep-fried chicken and sweet potato beignets, smoked garlic and paprika sour cream.
- Grilled buttermilk halloumi and aubergine kebabs, gazpacho salsa, crisp maneesh.
- Twineham grange and tomato rarebit, caper berry and olive gremolata, sherry vinaigrette.
- Crayfish and prawn cocktail, wood smoked king prawn, vodka-braised cherry.
- Sticky pork spare ribs, black treacle glazed ribs, house coleslaw.
Main Courses at the Crafty Chook
- Spit roast chicken (half or whole) with house seasoning and a choice of smokey, sweet or spicy BBQ sauce.
- 28 day aged sirloin steak, fried tomato, blue cheese, double cooked chunky chips.
- Flame grilled steak burger, emmental cheese, onion marmalade, dill pickle, tomato, sea salt skinny fries.
- 6 hour braised shoulder of lamb, apricot and soft herb cous cous, braised peperonata.
- Craft beer braised chicken thigh, glazed baby vegetables, confit garlic mash, crisp streaky bacon.
- Wild mushroom and twineham grange risotto, deep fried blue cheese, truffled poppy seed crackers.
- Craft beer steamed mussels, tomato and saffron broth, chargrilled flat bread.